From the Publisher
Sample Recipe: Pesto Zucchini Noodles
Serves 4 / Prep time: 15 minutes
For Herb-Kale Pesto:
1. Place the kale, basil, garlic, and yeast in a food processor and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped, about 3 minutes.
2. With the food processor running, drizzle the olive oil into the pesto until a thick paste forms, scraping down the sides of the bowl at least once.
3. Add a little water if the pesto is too thick.
4. Store the pesto in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
PER SERVING (2 Tbsp.) Calories: 44; Fat: 4g; Protein: 1g; Carbs: 1g; Fiber: 0g; Net Carbs: 1g; Fat 82%/Protein 9%/Carbs 9%
For Zucchini Noodles:
1. Use a spiralizer or peeler to cut the zucchini into “noodles” and place them in a medium bowl.
2. Add 3/4 cup of the Herb Kale Pesto pesto and the Parmesan cheese and toss to coat, then serve.
PER SERVING Calories: 93; Fat: 8g; Protein: 4g; Carbs: 2g; Fiber: 0g; Net Carbs: 2g; Fat 70%/Protein 15%/Carbs 8%
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 small zucchini, ends trimmed
- ¼ cup grated or shredded Parmesan cheese